Just as Jesus cared for his mother deeply, he also cared for his community. He made sure people had food, he cared for the sick, healed many people, healed women, took great concern to seek out the lost, loved those who were outcasts, sat with the children, and proclaimed freedom from enemy spirits. Berea strives to be such an example as Jesus was to his community: Be involved, provide for the needs, and be a witness to how great God is.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of Adonai Elohim is upon me,
because Adonai has anointed me
to announce good news to the poor.
He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted;
to proclaim freedom to the captives,
to let out into light those bound in the dark
Here is a list of upcoming community events--also be sure to check out our other pages as well, because they are filled with opportunities to get involved in the work that God is doing here at Berea:
- Every Friday Night beginning at 6:30 there is a time of Worship, Dinner, and Giving (where clothes are given to Single Parents and their children). If you are interested in helping, please let us know. If you know of anyone who would be interested in coming, please let them know and tell them to simply come and share in a fantasic evening together.
- Potato Drop--we have 45,000 pounds of potatoes coming here to church on Dec. 8th--if you are interested in volunteering, please contact the church office. If you know someone who could use some potatoes, then please let them know and come by and get some! Let's share the love of Christ in our community!
- Join us Dec. 2 at 6pm as we host: "Pines and Needles: A Decoration Celebration". This is a chance for us all to come together to worship, but also to prepare the sanctuary for the Chrismas Season! It is going to be an amazing time together!
- Come out Dec. 9th and celebrate with us as Hanovery Harmony returns to Berea Baptist Church to lead us in a powerful worship experience!
- Come out Dec. 16th during the 11am service to hear the Cantata that the Berea Baptist Church Adult Choir has put together! You will be truly thankful you came!